iBiquity Digital Highlights In-Vehicle Advanced Services at 4th Annual HD Radio™ Forum Europe
Columbia, Maryland – March 05, 2010 – iBiquity Digital Corporation, the developer of digital HD Radio Technology for AM and FM audio and data broadcasting, held its fourth annual HD Radio Forum Europe on February 24, 2010 in Sindelfingen (Stuttgart), Germany. The annual European event provides a platform for the Company’s partners to share the latest developments, trends and successes with HD Radio Technology in the automotive industry, as OEMs continue to adopt the digital technology at a rapid pace.
”The forum highlighted how HD Radio Technology enables valuable advanced capabilities that represent significant improvements versus traditional analog. The automotive industry has recognized this and we have seen major movements toward standardization,” said Jeff Jury, Chief Operating Officer, iBiquity Digital Corp. “With additional automakers rolling out models and new advanced services in the pipeline for 2010, we expect this trend to continue.”
HD Radio broadcasting offers listeners of AM and FM radio the quality, choice and interactive services that consumers have come to expect from digital technologies. From iTunes® Tagging to real-time traffic and location-based concierge information to premium content, HD Radio Technology’s advanced services are rapidly becoming an important complement to its signature crystal-clear sound and expanded audio programming. Potential HD Radio telematics services include advanced navigation, premium content, mobile entertainment and targeted data services. For example:
* Data Services enables broadcasters to offer data delivery, supplying information such as song titles and artist names, localized infotainment (e.g. gas prices, movie times, weather, local events information, sports scores, school closings, emergency alerts, etc.). Additionally, point-of-Interest (POI) updates can be implemented to provide mobile delivery of local or regional points of interest information.
* Real-Time TMC (Traffic Message Channel) and other location-based data can be delivered by local radio stations and displayed as overlays on both portable navigation devices and in-dash vehicle navigation systems, providing advanced navigation and traveler information.
* iTunes Tagging allows consumers to capture and store artist and song information heard on HD Radio stations for purchase via the iTunes store.
* Premium Content provides the ability to turn an HD Radio multicast channel into an opt-in service channel, allowing listeners to gain access to specialty content and programming that is protected.
* Store-and-Replay allows for the recording of programs heard on HD Radio stations for playback at a later time.
* On-Demand Capabilities provides instant access to news and information. Two services are currently available in the United States using HD Radio Technology, which include Clear Channel Radio's Total Traffic Network and the Broadcaster Traffic Consortium - through the combination of NAVTEQ data and a consortium of large radio broadcast groups.
More than 100 attendees participated in the forum, including broadcasters, content providers, IC manufacturers and more. Clear Channel, Elektrobit (EB), Fraunhofer-Institute (Journaline®), Intertek, Navteq, NDS, NXP Semiconductors, European HD Radio Alliance, Siport, STMicroelectronics, Strategy Analytics and Texas Instruments were among the HD Radio partners that presented.
About iBiquity Digital Corporation
iBiquity Digital Corporation is the developer of HD Radio™ Technology, which is fueling the digital radio revolution in the United States and around the world. The digital technology enables broadcasters to offer new FM channels through multicasting, crystal-clear sound and data services on both the AM and FM bands – all free, with no subscription fee. Leading broadcasters, consumer electronics manufacturers, automakers and retailers are committed to HD Radio technology. iBiquity Digital is a privately held company with operations in Columbia, MD, Auburn Hills, MI, and Basking Ridge, NJ. For more information, please visit http://www.hdradio.com and http://www.ibiquity.com.
To arrange interviews or for additional information, please contact:
Note: “HD Radio™” and the HD Radio logo are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The “HD” in HD Radio™ is part of iBiquity Digital’s brand name for its advanced digital AM/FM system. It does not mean hybrid digital or high-definition digital; both of these are incorrect.
###« View all News Releases