German Luxury Automaker Becomes the Ultimate Audio Machine by Standardizing Three Additional Models with HD Radio™ Technology
- WHAT: This Fall, HD Radio Technology will be available as a standard feature across three additional BMW models: the 1 Series, 3 Series, and Z4 Roadster.
- The 2009 BMW 7 Series and 6 Series already include the digital broadcast infotainment systems as a standard feature, rounding out the number of BMW models that offer HD Radio Technology as standard to five.
- WHY: BMW enthusiasts will now be able to enjoy an ultimate listening experience with HD Radio Technology, with the benefits including crystal-clear quality sound and new, extra content from HD2 and HD3 channels. And of course, these benefits come 100% subscription-free to BMW drivers.
- HD Radio Technology is available to 85 percent of Americans with more than 2,000 HD Radio stations on the air, and 1,000+ new FM multicast channels (HD2/HD3).
- WHEN: The 2010 BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, and Z4 Roadster will be available in BMW dealerships by October 2009.
- HOW: To locate the nearest BMW dealership visit: http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/dealer/default.aspx
For additional information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
Note: “HD Radio™” and the HD Radio logo are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The “HD” in HD Radio™ is part of iBiquity Digital’s brand name for its advanced digital AM/FM system. It does not mean hybrid digital or high-definition digital; both of these are incorrect.
###« View all News Releases